As we approach the end of our development cycle, we have begun to start tallying the volume of things we created to populate the world of Deathstate. We’ve written about in game items before and how they embody some different roles for gameplay. To help refresh, on a given run of Deathstate your character can wield:
- One Aspect Stone, the core essence of your character.
- One Relic, whether it be the crown of a forgotten Queen or the tooth of a Saint.
- One Weapon, some manner of spirit possessed blade.
- One Spellbook, a mighty grimoire embodying untold knowledge.
- Unlimited Organs, the literal guts, brains, hearts and eyes taken from the most powerful foes you have destroyed.
- And one Potion, often containing volatile reagents that will not reveal their purpose until they are consumed.
Between Aspect Stones, Relics, Weapons, Spellbooks, Organs, and Potions, at our current count we have over 150 combined for you to discover in the world of Deathstate.
Apart from Organs, the number of items you can carry are limited per run like we described above. This means that discovering new items as you progress often presents a choice between two powerful treasures. Some luck but even more knowledge will guide you in your decision. The better you know the nature of the weird and mighty treasures that lie beyond the portal, the better your chances of surviving with your sanity intact…